Creamy Vegan Pasta with Garlic Mushrooms// Food Joy
“No one who cooks, cooks alone. Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of cookbook writers.”
Hey sis, are you being well fed? Eating is a whole joy in itself, isn´t it!? Especially, if the food feeds you holistically – mind, body, and soul. For me, nothing makes me salivate like food that looks, smells and taste good – engaging all my senses!
I wanted to share a dish I shared on May in bloom this Thursday, one of hopefully many more to come, where I can share more about my food obsession, cravings, and joys. Hopefully, this can help show you that eating well can be made juicy, easy and in a healthy way<3
Below I made an African-cooking-by-eye attempt at creating a “recipe” I just winged from taste craving as well as mixed up Pinterest drooliciousness. You will need to connect to your freestyling chef a little with the ingredients and feel free to shift some of the ingredients around as you desire.
- Half a butternut squash
- 5-7 cloves of garlic depending on how much you like it 😉
- A good bowl of kale
- Two medium potatoes
- One carrot
- 5-8 mushrooms of good size or how much you like
- Your favorite pasta (or spaghetti if you prefer)
Oils + spices
- Coconut oil or use olive oil for everything sis!
- salt, pepper, all around seasoning, dried or fresh basil (cayenne pepper works well too)
Instruction: the video is very simple to follow and you can cook along + I included some information on nutritional values of the food too<3
- Boil the veggies (potatoes + carrot + butternut squash) then blend with spices (better to add a little water at a time for desired texture)
- Cook your pasta
- Cook the mushrooms to brown with crushed garlic until brown and golden in olive or coconut oil for best taste
- Massage the kale with salt and pepper and some olive oil
Serve plate with massaged kale at the bottom, pasta mixed with veggie sauce on top. Add the sauteed mushroom in garlic on top and some dried basil or even fresh basil would work and voila! Oooh, you can also add some extra chili on top to your liking if you like it spicier – or even in the sauce itself.
And then enjoy!
May this meal bring you joy – may it almost clear your skin, may it fill more than just your belly 😉